I loved exploration as a child. From opening the door and going down the stairs to get something from my Grandma's root cellar or exploring old homesteads while checking cows. I credit my Mom with teaching us to appreciate those things that represented the people who had gone before us. When I moved with my husband and boys to a house on the family ranch-I began exploring immediately. This was the house my Aunt and Uncle lived in during my childhood. My Grandparents had lived there and many other families dating back to 1900 when it was built. With two little boys in tow, I made my way to the root cellar and found a treasure cove. Old text books belonging to the original family who had been a teacher, the original medicine cupboard, tools, trash and memorabilia. I felt like an archeologist sifting through layers of debris representing generations and culture. And I was. I hauled truckloads of trash to the dump (some...
Our HEARTS CRY for relationship and connection. Connecting our hearts through active and honest reflection. To know and to be known!
Comments
Post a Comment